The Following Legal Disclaimers and Terms of Service (TOS) Apply to All Services (both Writing and Wire Submission Services) Provided By The Press Wire (or TPW):
1. “User” (any person or entity using the The Press Wire services in any way) of The Press Wire is solely responsible for the facts and accuracy of any and all information submitted by User for transmission by The Press Wire.
2. The only responsibility of The Press Wire shall be to use its reasonable efforts to correct any error of fact, timing or omission brought to its attention by the original USER to The Press Wire, and before any distribution transmission is made through The Press Wire.
2(a). Additionally, all time lines quoted on this website for press release distribution or reporting on distributed press releases, payment schedules and all other time related wording is based on Pacific Standard Time in the United States. The Press Wire offices are located in California, USA and The Press Wire News Desk operates according to the local time in California.
2(b). The Press Wire does not guarantee that your press release will be carried (posted, printed or distributed in any way), by the media TPW submits your news story to. Payment for TPW services is not contingent on actual placement of submitted press releases. TPW’s professional distribution agreement with User ends at the time the final press release is distributed by TPW and TPW exerts no control over media outlets, to ensure your TPW News Desk distributed press release garners press coverage in any form, at any time.
2(c).Please note: There are sometimes weather conditions and other circumstances, which may keep Internet connections (email servers, browsers, website servers and more), from working properly. This is beyond anyone’s control–including The Press Wire’s. We will do our best to distribute paid press releases submitted to us, as soon as whatever situation may result in this type of outage to be rectified.
3. The Press Wire reserves the right to reject copy whenever necessary in its sole judgment. The Press Wire reserves the right to not distribute a press release due to concerns about accuracy, legitimacy or potential legal ramifications to the submitter or The Press Wire. The Press Wire Editors’ Desk ( “TPW staff” ) will not distribute a press release if TPW staff has any legal question concerning the validity or intent of your press release. The Press Wire will not distribute any press release that defames or otherwise could constitute personal injury to any third party person, company or entity, inside or outside of “Users” company or employ. The Press Wire requires both sides of any alleged “co-venture” or “partnership” news release to supply contacts representing both parties/entities involved, before The Press Wire will distribute User’s press release in these situations. The Press Wire strongly suggests that both parties involved in these types of transactions and business deals to independently submit press releases with the information about the business event.
3a: TPW will not distribute press releases concerning any form of escorting, prostitution or any potentially illegal activity, or sale of potentially illegal products or services. This includes websites with “classifieds” or personal profiles that may be related to sex work or other forms of sexual activity.
4. The Press Wire, its partners, parent companies, affiliates, vendors, subsidiaries or employees, may not be held accountable in any way for any damages incurred or perceived by any User, reader or media professional, including but not limited to; computer viruses transmitted through links in any press releases transmitted or submitted through any of The Press Wire services, (including The Press Wire News Blog, RSS feeds, Word Press blogs and Twitter feeds), inaccurate information provided by User that constitutes personal/emotional injury or damages to any one by any means, trademark infringements, copyright infringements or any other infringements on business/personal rights/injury (whether real or imagined) that may be interpreted in the submissions of any User of The Press Wire’s services.
5. Due to the nature of publicity, and particularly of press releases, your personal or company contact information WILL become available to the general public and to the media, sourced from any press release you submit for distribution through The Press Wire. Therefore, The Press Wire may not be held accountable for ANY real or perceived injury that may come from any contact information submitted by User being placed in the public realm through a press release distributed by/posted by The Press Wire services.
6. Releases published through The Press Wire News Blog, TPW RSS Feeds, Word Press Blogs and Twitter are intended for use by journalists, researchers, consumers and analysts in connection with their relevant or professional activities. As with a printed press release, all of the information provided in press releases submitted through The Press Wire may be used as the basis for copy to be broadcast or published. Individual passages may be used for the purposes of quotation or illustration. Under no circumstances shall The Press Wire be liable for any loss resulting from the use of information available through press releases issued from any part, page or feed originating from ThePressWire.com site, or any web site, publication or news feed that carries press releases/news releases, or parts thereof, that generated by submissions or posts from The Press Wire.
7. The Press Wire provides Users with the means to provide reporters with fast and convenient access to User submitted press releases/news. The term “User” refers to any entity that subscribes to or uses The Press Wire services (including the TPW RSS feed, News Page Blog, Word Press Blogs, RSS feeds or Twitter feed) for any reason. When using The Press Wire services, User shall be subject to any posted guidelines, conditions or rules applicable to The Press Wire services, which may be posted anywhere on The Press Wire website, The Press Wire News Blogs/WP Blogs, The Press Wire Twitter page(s) or any other site that is affiliated with The Press Wire. From time to time these guidelines, rules and conditions may change without notice to User. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into this Agreement, which The Press Wire encourages User to review frequently. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new web sites or features that augment or enhance the current The Press Wire services shall also be subject to this Agreement.
8. User acknowledges and agrees that any press releases posted or otherwise distributed by The Press Wire will contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. Users also agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, reproduce, duplicate, copy, exploit for commercial purposes or create derivative works based on The Press Wire site, or press releases posted on any part of The Press Wire site, in whole or in part, outside of “fair use” laws applicable only to publicly disseminated press releases.
9. User understands that all information, data, text, photographs, graphics, messages or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the User from which such Content originated. This means that the User not The Press Wire, its related partners, parent companies, affiliates, vendors, subsidiaries or employees, is entirely responsible for all Content that User submits, posts, emails or otherwise transmits or makes available via The Press Wire services. The Press Wire does not control the Content posted via TPW services and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, lawfulness or quality of such Content. Under no circumstances will The Press Wire, or The Press Wire related partners, parent companies, affiliates, vendors, subsidiaries or employees, be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use or disclosure of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the The Press Wire.
10. Additionally User agrees not to use The Press Wire contact database to: (a) badger or coerce a reporter into contacting or quoting a given source; (c) use email addresses obtained from The Press Wire press release submission services in any list for unsolicited, mass-distributed messages to the public or press; (d) forward attached files via email to reporters unless such reporter specifically asked to receive them; (f) fax responses to reporters at any greater length than two or three pages, without the reporter’s express permission to do so; (g) share press contact information gathered from members of the press contacting User directly due to any press release submission distributed through The Press Wire, or to post or distribute such information to any other person, company, web site or list service. Users that use contacts gathered through their own use of The Press Wire services to create their own adult wire service may be held liable in a court of law for abusing The Press Wire User Agreement.
11. User Representations: User represents that they have all rights necessary to submit data and images included in their press releases submitted for distribution through the Press Wire and that such submission complies with all applicable laws, including but not limited to, data protections and intellectual property laws.
12. General Behavior. In addition to the stipulations above pertaining specifically to interactions with reporters and The Press Wire, User agrees not to: (a) impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent User’s affiliation with a person or entity; (b) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through/to The Press Wire; (c) upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that User does not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); (d) upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; (e) upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes, ” or any other form of solicitation; (f) upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (g) interfere with or disrupt The Press Wire services or servers or networks connected to The Press Wire, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to The Press Wire services; (h) violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Department of Justice or any other entity that monitors use of 18 U.S.C. § 2257 Record-Keeping & Compliance Statements and 28 C.F.R. part 75, and any other regulations having the force of law; (i) to “stalk” or otherwise harass another; or (j) collect or store personal data about other users of The Press Wire.
13. User acknowledges that while The Press Wire and TPW staff do pre-screen Content, that The Press Wire shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse to accept or to remove any Content that is available via The Press Wire services (including TPW sites, feeds, blogs, etc.) Without limiting the foregoing, The Press Wire shall have the right to remove any Content that violates this Agreement and is deemed to be inaccurate, questionable, or is otherwise objectionable after the distribution of User’s Content, if it is brought to the attention of The Press Wire by an outside source. User agrees that The Press Wire must evaluate the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
14. User acknowledges and agrees that The Press Wire may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce this Agreement; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of The Press Wire, TPW staff, and any related partners, parent companies, affiliates, vendors, subsidiaries or employees, other Users, the press and the public. User understands that the technical processing and transmission of The Press Wire services, including User Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
15. General Practices Regarding Use and Storage.; User acknowledges that The Press Wire may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the The Press Wire service and site(s), including without limitation the maximum number of days that email messages, press release postings or other uploaded Content will be retained by The Press Wire, the maximum number of email messages that may be sent from or received by any User of The Press Wire, the maximum size of any email message that may be sent from or received by The Press Wire, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on The Press Wire’s servers on User’s behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) User may access The Press Wire’s services in a given period of time. User agrees that The Press Wire has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by The Press Wire. User acknowledges that The Press Wire reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
16. Disclaimer of Warranties: USER EXPRESSLY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT: (A) USER’S USE OF THE PRESS WIRE SERVICES IS AT USER’S SOLE RISK. THE PRESS WIRE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THE PRESS WIRE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT; (B) THE PRESS WIRE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE PRESS WIRE SERVICES WILL MEET USER REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE PRESS WIRE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE PRESS WIRE SERVICES WILL NOT BE GUARANTEED, NOR CONSTRUED TO BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, AND (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY USER THROUGH THE PRESS WIRE SERVICE WILL MEET USER’S EXPECTATIONS; (C) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PRESS WIRE SERVICES IS DONE AT USER’S OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT USER WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO USER’S COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL; AND (D) NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY USER FROM THE PRESS WIRE OR THROUGH OR FROM THE PRESS WIRE’S SERVICES OR TPW STAFF SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
17. Indemnity: User agrees to indemnify and hold The Press Wire, and its related partners, parent companies, affiliates, vendors, subsidiaries or employees, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, harmless from any claim or demand, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content User submits, posts to, uploads or transmits through/to The Press Wire services, User’s misuse of The Press Wire services or User’s violation of this Agreement.
18. Limitation of Liability: USER EXPRESSLY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT THE PRESS WIRE, AND ANY RELATED PARTNERS, PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, VENDORS, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE PRESS WIRE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE PRESS WIRE SERVICES; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH/TO OR FROM THE PRESS WIRE SERVICES; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA BY A THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING THE MEDIA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON/USING THE PRESS WIRE SERVICES; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE PRESS WIRE SERVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PRESS WIRE OR RELATED PARTNERS, PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, VENDORS, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES, BE LIABLE TO USER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR DAMAGES OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE TO USER/THIRD PARTY BY THE PRESS WIRE HEREUNDER.
19. Miscellaneous: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and The Press Wire and governs User’s use of The Press Wire services, superseding any prior agreements between User and The Press Wire (TPW). This Agreement is contingent upon User remaining a member in good standing of The Press Wire services, in accordance with The Press Wire’s conditions of service.This Agreement and the relationship between User and The Press Wire shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Both parties agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Los Angeles, California. The failure of The Press Wire to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of this Agreement remain in full force and effect. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. User represents and warrants that The Press Wire has full right, power and authority to execute this Agreement and any terms of this Agreement, due to Users voluntary use of The Press Wire services.
20. Violations. Please report any violations of this Agreement to The Press Wire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Press Wire is a partner and affiliate of Black and Blue Media, and all rights, rules, regulations and legal disclaimers cited above, also apply to related partners, affiliates, vendors, subsidiaries, officers, employees or employers of Black and Blue Media.